To quickly bring NRCS field office personnel (and others)
up to speed with RUSLE2, a tutorial has been developed. It is designed
to run on Windows 98 and later, using the Internet Explorer 5.0 browser
or later. The tutorial combines photos, audio, and short video clips,
and covers four areas:
- Basic erosion processes
- How climate, environment, and management affect
- Making a simple RUSLE2 erosion calculation
- Comparing alternative management options in RUSLE2
- Click the link below and follow the download
- When the download finishes, open File Manager and
double-click on the "NRCS_tutorial_2002_10_03.exe" file.
- The tutorial will expand into a directory of your
- To run the tutorial, double-click on the START.HTM
Depending on your connection, downloading this will require
several hours over a standard 56K modem, or on the order of an hour
using ISDN. A DSL, cable, or T1 connection may reduce the time required
to as little as several minutes.
If you do not have a fast connection, you may wish to load the tutorial
from a CD. If multiple offices in your state or agency will be
downloading the tutorial on computers lacking a fast connection, CD's
should be considered.